[VAC] Re: WBCCI/WDCU/VAC clarification

Hey Tuna,

    You have brought up a subject that has caused more confusion than most
people both in and out of the club realize.
Taken from the WBCCI Home page, the Wally Byam Caravan Club International
was:

    "Named for the inventor of the Airstream trailer, WBCCI is composed of
10,000 Airstream owners throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and
around the globe. Since its inception in 1955, WBCCI has provided thousands
of travel opportunities for Airstream owners with its caravans and rallies
throughout the world. WBCCI members enjoy the camaraderie, convenience, cost
savings and safety of over 1,500 events conducted by WBCCI each year.
Members can choose the fellowship of a local unit or join WBCCI as a
"member-at-large."

    The Vintage Airstream Intra-Club was formed in 1993 by a group of WBCCI
members interested in providing a resource for Vintage Airstream Owners. Its
founder and first President was Bud Cooper.

    The Washington, DC unit (WDCU), a Chartered Unit of Region 2 in the
WBCCI was formed in 1999 by 2 "Members at Large" that happened to own
Vintage Airstreams. Tom Howarth and William Scott recruited membership from
other "Members at Large" and other Vintage Airstream Owners that wanted the
benefits of belonging to a unit that had a predominance of Vintage Owners.
We are not the "home unit of the VAC", our unit has a number of non Vintage
owners as well, however most of them are associate Members of the VAC. We
conduct our business via email as much as possible and enjoy 3 or more
Rallies per year and a Caravan to the International Rally where we park with
all the other members of the Vintage Airstream Club.

    To join the WDCU or any Local Unit just send a check to that units
Treasurer. $45 for the WBCCI and $5 to $15 to the unit depending on that
units dues structure. The WDCU's dues are presently $5 for Members and $10
for Affiliates. So if you want to join the WDCU send your Check for $50 to

Ruth Baldwin
6126 Callery Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15206