[VAC] Re: Hensley Hitch Installation help?

Thanks for your reply Charles,

I'll get back to Hensley today and try to send a couple of pictures.  I put
a coat of white rustoleum over the areas where I cut off the propane tank
holder stuff and the old sway bar ball.  Both were in the way of the 25-1/2
inch placement of the bracket.  The pictures will better explain what I
think is my problem.

I conclude that the standard bracket is appropriate for a 4" undermount
coupler.  Think the Hensley folks might rethink the coupler designation and
include the frame dimensions as part of the equation.  It's possible that
the standard bracket is narrower and has matching "U" bolts.

The alignment of the strut assembly would be parallel to the "A" frame if
the frame height were near 6 inches.  This would align the undermount
bracket nearly parallel with the "A" frame.  With the 4 inch frame height,
and the undermount bracket, the strut assembly is not parallel to the "A"
frame; rather, it's about 1-1/2 inches below the "A" frame at the bracket
attachment.

In this application, I think the undermount bracket will drop the jack
assembly too low and might interfere with adjustment of the spring bars.

So, you did understand my delmina and convinced me that the brackets need a
better fit to function properly.  Possibly all this is related to the small
size of my Safari as compared to your unit.

Thanks,

                                                  '69 Safari, Joy