[VAC] Re: Caravel couch/bed hardware

In 1975 or thereabouts, Airstream went to a one piece mattress for the convertible sofa such that the mattress bends at the intersection of the seat and back when in the sofa position.  When opened out, there is a single double (full) size foam mattress, with no lengthwise crevasse.

This system, in my opinion works very well.  Therefore I would recommend any restoration on an older unit with the muti-section design be updated to the newer design.

Oliver Filippi