[VAC] Re: black tank vents

FWIW, I highly recommend a very easy-to-install and relatively inexpensive
tank vent mod I first saw on this list. It's called "Lil' Stanker," and in
spite of the corny name works well. It is a virtually silent fan that
creates a slight vacuum in the tank, drawing odors out of the coach. You can
get one that installs in place of the vent cap, but the one I chose was just
a bit more expensive but I think better, esp for airstreams. It installs in
the vertical vent line. You cut the vent pipe (in my rear bath it's in the
rear bath's closet) and slip the thing on. it comes with a switch, which I
mounted on the rear of the closet wall, just above the sink. Wires easily
ran down to the univolt. WHole thing took maybe 20 mins to install. It has
two speeds. Low is so silent as to be undetectable with the closet door
closed. High you can barely hear in the bathroom. I use low all the time,
and flip to high when I enter the bath to use the toilet. Completely
eliminated tank odors for me, which is important as I use my trailer as an
office. Cost was about $50. Shipping was prompt. URL is
www.lslproducts.com/MK-IIPage.html

Dan
75 Argosy 26