[VAC] Re: Trouble lighting water heater pilot

Thanks for all the suggestions.  After some more
rummaging around this weekend, I discovered a rogue
shutoff valve located inside the trailer underneath
the closet by the water heater.  I mistakenly assumed
that the valve would be underneath the trailer or that
it was accessed from the outside.  I think someone got
ahold of the original lines and had made some
modifications.

Anyways, the good news is that the pilot lights, and
seems to stay lit.  I was re-reading the part in the
owner's manual that states make sure the tank is full
of water and that all the air is bled from the lines.
When I went to go check, the pilot was still lit, but
there was a small leak where the line exits the
temperature contol box that had also become lit.  I
shut the whole operation down real quick as that
didn't seem quite right.

My continuing questions are...

What's a fella to do about a gas leak near the control
box?
If I fill my water tank up and run the pump for a bit,
does my water heater automatically get filled?  I was
unsure of how much water was in the hot water heater
if any at all.

Thanks for your advice and your patience.

Still learning,
Jerry