[VAC] Re: tow vehicles

I completely agree with Tuna.  If you are interested in going with a vintage
tow vehicle, many of the 60's and 70's mid-size or better cars are easily
capable of towing a 20' range Airstream.  The very late 70's and 80's
vehicles were the ones that  had a significantly weaker towing capacity.  My
78 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham (with 440 and towing package) is factory
rated to tow 7000 lbs.  If economy is a factor, you will do better to go
newer.  My 78 Chrysler gets 6 mpg towing the 31' Excella, while my new
Suburban 1/2 ton gets 12 mpg.  The Suburban does a better and more efficiant
job, but rarely turns heads like the Chrysler does when towing the Excella.

John -- Atlanta
77 Excella 31'
78 Chrysler