[VAC] Re: Truck Stops?

When I used to drive a diesel Rabbit, I would pull up to the diesel pumps at the
truck stops and no one ever told me to go away.  Just before I sent it to the
crusher, I did notice that some of the stations had put up signs asking autos to
please use the diesel pump in the auto area (once it became more common for there
to be diesel in both places).  But surely they would have no objection to a
person with a 31' trailer using that area; more likely the difficulty would be
with taking up all that space in the auto bays.  It has to be the length of the
whole package that determines where you should get your fuel.  After all, the
"tow vehicle" for those big rigs is pretty small (relatively), it's the trailers
that make up all that length.

There was talk at one time of having 2 grades of diesel, one for truck engines
and one for diesel car engines.  Don't know if that ever took hold, or which one
your tow vehicle would use.

By the way I have also pulled over and slept in truck stops amongst all the big
trucks and no one ever objected to that either.  Pretty accomodating folks, those
truckers & owners of truck stops.

--Sarah