[VAC] Re: Truck Stops?

Sarah,
 There is no such thing as "car" or "truck" diesel fuel. There IS a
difference between fuel sold for off-road use vs. highway applications.
The O.R. stuff has red dye, the highway stuff is clear. I understand
that there are slight differences in the fuel itself also, but I'd
imagine that any differences might be brand-specific. Most stations
don't sell O.R. fuel except in some rural areas where they cater to
folks who have bulldozers, etc. and might buy their fuel at a retail
station. It's highly illegal to use dyed fuel in your Diesel Rabbit or
Ford PSD, the fine is very high from what I hear. It's also highly
unlikely that you'd get caught, as 'they' seldom check private vehicles.

We've stayed at a couple of Flying J truckstops for an overnight, but
parked in the "RV" area.

                                           <<Jim>>