[VAC] floor dry rot?

I'm looking at a thrashed Airstream that the owner describes as
having "dry rot" in the floor.  He claims the floor is solid with no
sags.

In my mind, dry rot is crumbling wood that's falling apart -- I can't
imagine standing on wood that has dry rot and not falling thru.

Having never taken apart the floor of an Airstream, I was wondering
if these two conditions could coexist.

I've asked him to send pictures, so this all might be a differences
in what we call things.  If it weren't an 8-hour drive, I'd just
wander over and look at it.

thanks,

--jet