[VAC] floor dry rot?

Rotting Floors...

After replacing  a floor has anyone come up with a good treatment of the
wood to keep rotting from happening again? I know the preventive measures
to take to keep water from coming in contact with the wood but sometimes
water leaks occur the owner is not aware of. I thought of using
polyurethane varnish but don't want to endure the out gassing from it. I'm
planning on using a 2-part epoxy paint. Anyone have thoughts on this
treatment? Does anyone have a better idea?

Bob Patterson