[VAC] Towing with a Suburban: They're not all the same

         Thanks, Tom...that was exactly my point.  I use a 1999, 3/4 ton
Suburban, 7.4 liter engine, 4.1:1 rear end to pull a 28', 1995 Excella with
an 8200# GVWR, with no trouble at all.  My previous tower was a 1984, 3/4
ton, 7.4L with a 3.23 rear axle.  It also performed very well, except for
slowing to 35 mph on 8% grades.
          I asked the question because there have been a number of posts
comparing  lesser Suburbans (typically 1/2 ton) with 3/4 ton or 1 ton,
diesels, and the comparison is meaningless.

- Dick
(5368)