[VAC] factory frame chassis for my vintage airstream

Hello everyone,

I recall a few months back on the list that Airstream Jackson Center is
supposedly restoring the vintage year trailers.

I'm doing cost analysis on my frame-off restoration of my late 1956
Overlander.  My floor has ended up so bad that not only do I need 70%
new floor but also most of the front and rear ends have severe frame
rust.

Considering how comprehensive the repairs need to be, I think I would be
better off getting an all new chassis to put my shell on top of.  My
wheels are the old "widow-maker" split rim type and I wanted to fit new
eventually.

I've been trying to locate horse trailer makers in my central Illinois
area that could fabricate such a thing...not much luck there yet.  I'm
close enough to Jackson Center to make it worth driving up there to tow
home a factory chassis but have no idea how to get an estimate for such
a chassis.

Jay Griffin
jrnymn1@mindspring.com