[VAC] Re: Ha, I think I found my Truck, finally.

My Dad works for a large National Trucking company and he has shown me
several photographs of accident scenes with sport utility vehicles used as
tow vehicles. The latest photo group he showed me had a Jeep Cherokee that
had been towing a 19' Prowler. The owner of the Jeep had sway bars...wasn't
enough. When the trailer started to waver, the jeep was too light. The
trailer ended up in front of the jeep then over the guard rail, ripping off
of the frame. Trailer was in two pieces (frame and body) in the field next
to the freeway. The jeep was then run into by the semi truck. Both
passengers in the Jeep had minor injuries. The semi driver was fine. My dad
was very relieved that I finally got rid of my SUV on Saturday morning.

I was driving a 1996 Land Rover Discovery with a 4.0 v8. I towed one time
with it. Aside from the severe bouncing from the short wheel base, the
engine just wasn't cut out to tow even my little trailer (21' globetrotter).
I found a new Chevrolet 1500HD with the 6.0L and 5 speed auto transmission.
The truck is a 4 door also. This truck should SAFELY take my family where we
want to go with our little Airstream.

This email list has been very, very helpful and reading this last string on
tow vehicles helped out in my search.

Todd