[VAC] Re: Ha, I think I found my Truck, finally.

Gary,
 Look at the weight ratings on that truck(s). There's several pertinant
numbers:

FAWR (front axle)
RAWR (rear axle)
GVWR (gross vehicle rating)
Tow Rating
GCWR (gross combined weight rating, trailer + truck)

You should not exceed any one of them if you want to be safe and have
the vehicle last for a long time.

I towed a 4000# (loaded for travel) A/S with a full-sized 1/2-ton Dodge
truck, it did great. Even though the numbers said it was OK to tow our
Avion TT at 6000#, it didn't feel good to me and it was obvious that the
cooling system was marginal. Sooo... I got a 3/4-ton Dodge with Cummins.
It feels good and does very well indeed.

I have never heard/saw anyone say, "I bought too much tow vehicle, I
could have gotten by with [whatever]. IMO, that Durango is only good for
the smaller and ligher A/S trailers.

                                 <<Jim>>