[VAC] Re: Ha, I think I found my Truck, finally.

I highly recommend at least 1/2 ton pickup, although my preference is 3/4
ton Dodge.  I used to pull with a surburban, but my Dodge 3/4 ton diesel
makes towing a breeze and enjoyable.  No sway, plenty of power and very
comfortable.  Since I use it to pull a large boat also, I went for the 4:10
rear end.  Adversely affects fuel mileage but never had a problem pulling a
boat up a steep ramp (or trailer either).  I talked to other Dodge diesel
owners with the standard rear end and they claim excellent solo and towing
mileage with no problems towing.  The diesel is more expensive, but I
believe the reliability, power and longevity is well worth it.  Bottom line
in choosing a tow vehicle is more than sufficient power.  Tow vehicle mass
is critical to maintain control over the trailer and provide a good ride.
As others have said, you can't have too much of a tow vehicle......
My $.02
Pete