[VAC] Re: 1957 Bubble question.....s

I have a '57 Bubble but I have heard that some of the'56 models also had
tear drop wheel wells?  However, one of the exclusive features of the
Calif made  '57 is  the rear center -end panel. It is often called the
Dutchman Cap or Whale Tail.  At the bottom the panel is the same width as
the rear window and tapers up to about 1 ft at very top..  Mine came
empty and thus cannot speak to parts but would assume they are not easy
to find although a lot of interior/exterior parts are interchangeble with
 other models in the mid fifties time span.  These small models are
always in demand as their were not a lot of them made.  Mine is #356 of
that year and made in Calif..  Some were also made in the Ohio plant and
some differences may exists.  I paid $1250 after owner had repaired
rotted floor and put a new axle/electric brake system on it. I'd think a
range between $600 and $2000 might be right if unit hasn't been restored.
 Check my web site below.  I totally rebuilt the interior to meet my
needs and is pretty contemporary except no shower and have a porta potty.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC
rlashway@zianet.com