[VAC] Mystery Wires

The radio/8-track has been removed from my ' 68 Tradewind (if it ever had one). In looking into the overhead cabinet above the front couch, I noticed that there is a gray wire about 24 gauge running from inside the left side of the overhead toward the galley area and disappearing inside the inner wall. The visible end of the wire exits into the overhead through the same rubber grommet as the wires that would supply power for the radio -- if there was one. Since I'm thinking of installing a radio in the overhead, I was wondering what the mystery wires might be for and where they terminate on the other end. The wires look to be the same type wires that run from the furnace and the air conditioner to their respective thermostats. I'm pretty sure the mystery wires have nothing to do with those, however.

Can anybody clear up the mystery for me?

Thanks,

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind
drgreene@bellsouth.net  (new address)