[VAC] Re: Bunk Beds

I have the Bunk in my Caravel. There are pictures of the brackets on my
web page, http://homepages.isunet.net/geraldj/caravel.htm Mine is set up
to be across the front. I thought I read in the manual that bunks are
limited to 100 pounds though my dad like to use the bunk weighing more
than 150 pounds and he split the canvas. The bunk is a folding but
rather rigid aluminum frame that sits on the lower brackets and hands
from cables with ball ends in the upper brackets. Bunks parallel to the
long axis of the trailer probably stress the framing more than the bunk
over the dinette table. I don't have a picture of the bunk itself. And I
don't have the digital camera handy that I used to make that series for
my web page.

It should be possible to make a bunk starting with a metal framed camp
cot that has only legs near the corners (no center legs), to rest the
corners on oak or aluminum wall sconces and cables attached to brackets
on the ribs for the outer edge. Remove the legs from the cot.

Gerald J.