[VAC] Internet access in the Airstream

I'm spoiled.

I have DSL here at home; 640K down and 256K up. Videoconference,  news
clips, audio and fast fast down loads....

I have read some stories in Trailer Life Magazine and other places about
internet access while on the road.  Mostly it is laptops and a 56K modem.
Then you hope the place you are staying will let you plug in, to up load
and down load your email.  Or cell phone access via a special modem for
slower speeds.

While at the RV show here in Portland Oregon this weekend, I came across a
vendor who was selling satellite internet access for $75 a month ($600.00
up front for the install and equipment)  The kid at the booth did not seem
to know a lot about it, but he did say he thought it was 100K up, 400K
down, but no guarantee of speeds (sometimes faster, sometimes slower).

I called the local company selling the service.  The owner told me that
using the Internet via this service on a RV was just not up to speed
yet.  He told me that when ever you travel about 200 miles or so, one needs
to aim the antenna again and it is not easy.  He told me he would be happy
to sell it to me, but he would caution against it. The service is sold
though the Dish Network and StarBan. He told me the foot print of the
satellite was fine all over the entire US, but set up at each stop was a
big issue.

True?

Anyone know of stable Internet access while in the middle of no where?

jack in Portland Oregon