[VAC] Re: refrig

Gerald,
 Good points, all. RV fridges (all made by Dometic) are pathetic in
their efficiency. Of course, it doesn't matter when you're running on
shore power unless YOU happen to be paying the bill. Even then, I'd bet
that it really isn't all that bad in the greater scheme of things.

A cooler and bag of ice works well for short-term travelling, but I sure
wouldn't want to depend on that for my needs if sitting in one spot for
more than a couple of days. When on the road, it's easy to pick up a bag
of ice while fueling, but it can be a real PITA when you're sitting in
one place for a while. Plus, ice itself can get expensive if you need it
on a regular basis.

Sunfrost has a Model RF12 that looks to be usable in an RV, at least
from the picture at http://www.sunfrost.com/models.htm. It probably
won't just slip into the place where you removed your Dometic, but might
be able to be made to fit if you're into serious cabinet work and not
trying to make it work in one of the smaller trailers.

                                         <<Jim>>