[VAC] FLOORING BOLTS

On the subject of flooring.  I don't know if it has been discussed or
asked about what type of fasteners to use when putting in new plywood
flooring.

In my jobs I use a fluted self taping torx head screw/machine screw.  I
am not sure of the exact technical term.  The are most commonly referred
to as equipment trailer deck screws.  They are used to hold the wood to
the top of equipment trailers.  Trailers used for hauling tractors and
implements.

They use a pilot hole and are self threading into the frame.  They are
also fluted so they are driven in flush with the decking.  They also
have a torx drive head which makes for a good bite and eliminates the
change of striping the head.

I have always purchased them at trailer(equipment) repair shops.  Or
your better fabrication/industrial supply stores may have them.

- Mike Thornton
'65 Safari
'67 Ambassador