[VAC] Re: A question about springs

Phil,

The picture does not look correct to me, but my trailer is currently a
couple of hours west of here undergoing sheet metal repairs. All the parts
look like the right parts. I suspect that if the nuts holding the springs to
the axle were loosened and the axle was turned 180 degrees (so that the
majority of the wheel backing plates were hanging down from the axle) then
it would match the setup on my '60 Overlander. I do not think that I have
nearly so much room between the axle and the belly pan. This may have been
done to give the tires more clearance in the wheel wells, making their
removal easier.

My trailer rides smoothly down the road. Smoother than the tow vehicle. I
don't think that your trailer would be much different. As far as leveling
the trailer side to side would it not just be easier in the long run to pull
up on a piece of wood?

Scott