[VAC] Re: A question about springs

Hi Phil,

Here's a photo of my '64 Avion that shows a skid added.  Even though this
isn't an Airstream, I'd guess they had very similar suspensions at the time.

I suspect the shocks are not original, and may be the reason, or part of the
reason, that the springs have been lowered so much.  I've heard of moving
the springs to the top of the axle in order to improve clearance, and that
may be an option.

It looks to me as though another solution might be to loosen the U-clamps,
rotate the axle, and re-tighten he clamps, all with the trailer jacked up
and supported at the four corners of the frame.

Since my knowledge and experience on this subject are both severely limited,
I'll defer to others who may actually know what they're talking about.

Don

skid.jpg

skid.jpg