[VAC] Re: Trans Temp Guage Sources

Jack: I keep a little personal archive of stuff that I think will apply to
me from this list. Here's what I've got on trans temp guages:

TRANSMISSION TEMP GUAGE
1) The easiest way to add a temperature gauge to your transmission is to use
one of these kits: As a bonus you get a filter too. They are $80 from Summit
Racing Co, www.summitracing.com
http://www.perma-cool.com/Catalog/Cat_page25.html

2) B&M model #80212 gauge kit comes with an electric gauge, the housing, the
sender, the wire, and all the fittings necessary to hook it up. It cost me
about $45 at my local parts store.  There's no filter with this one. If you
don't add the external filter, a worth addition is a drain plug for the
transmission pan. That makes removing the transmission fluid a LOT easier.
You could put the gauge sending unit in the drain plug hole. You have to
remove the pan to adjust the bands periodically anyway, so I use the filter
inside the transmission. there never seems to be too much crud on the bottom
of the pan, or in the filter. The extra filter is a really good idea,
however.

Dan
75 Argosy 26
Des Moines