[VAC] Re: Hydraulic Brake Conversion

Hi RJ:

   I don't have any data for the number of 1950 era trailer
axles built with Warner electric brakes vs. the Hadco
hydraulic brakes, but I believe (imagine, sense or feel)
there were far more trailer axles built and installed that
used the Warner electric backing plates than the Hadco
hydraulic backing plates.  Which leads to this suggestion:
why not swap out the entire Hadco system axle assembly for a
simialar size trailer axle assembly built with the Warner
braking system?  A complete axle swap might be far easier
than an axle conversion.   I imagine the axles on most old
trailers, including many beyond saving, are still good, even
if the springs might need rebuilding or replacement.   Any
old trailer salvage yards out your way you could prowl
around looking for 1950's era trailer axle assemblies?

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO.