[VAC] Re: Vintage tow vehicle (1972); Which Airstream?

Jack -
My choice for that puller would be the '72 27' Overlander... I'm not sure
what the dry weight was, but you'd be well-advised to take it down to a
truck scale and weigh it - loaded - in any case. It's the only way to know
for sure. I had one of these for awhile, and although it was one of the
infamous 'Beatrice' Airstreams (an unreinforced rear-bath with some evidence
of the rear-bath 'sag'), it was light enough to tow on the flats with an '83
V-6 S-10 Blazer. Until the mid to late '60's at least, the Airstreams were
designed to be towed with the family car. The older the trailer, the
lower-powered the pullers... my '48 19' Trailwind had a dry weight of around
1400 lbs!

Tuna
WBCCI#8862/VAC
Reno, NV