[VAC] Re: LP Tank Shut-Off

Keith,

Your ice cream will be frozen and your food and beverages will be cold when
you arrive at your destination.

You will probably get opinions from both camps.  I have read comments from
list members who have said they always shut off their propane appliances
during travel.  I don't argue with the wisdom of being extremely cautious
but don't personally choose to be that cautious.

I have traveled with a lighted refrigerator for years and everyone I know
does also.  I acknowledge an increased risk from fire or explosion if my
truck and trailer are parked at the pumps and the automatic shut off does
not operate and a gasoline spill results while someone is fueling directly
opposite my trailer.

There is also the possibility of a meteor falling on my head.

The reefer burners are designed to remain lighted during travel, even at
high speeds and with windy conditions.  I consider the risk acceptable and
the danger slight.

Just one opinion among many.

Harvey