[VAC] Re: Some Basic Questions???

         Reply to:   RE: [VAC] Some Basic Questions???
Try http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_topics_dents.html  for a little insight into dents.

Unfortunately, sheetmetal repair is probably the one thing that is
beyond most do-it-yourself'ers.  I'm not talking about replacing rivets
and small pre-fab items, but actual skin panel work.

Sheetmetal work requires large amounts of special equipment to get
repairs and fabricated items to look right, from large shears to bending
brakes to roll formers. The skill level to accomplish repairs is an
experience laden art-form.
Best bet is save the money up for an Airstream dealer or aviation
sheet-metal mechanic to accomplish the work.

Some areas such as the lower front panels can be disguised with
"gravel-shields", or side panels can be repaired with "fake compartment
doors", but even those require skill and tooling to pull off.  Tin
snips, a drill, a cut-off wheel and a pop-rivet gun won't make something
to be proud of.

I know this is a bummer, but at least there are those who can do it.
For the amateur, it is sort of like do-it-yourself brain surgery.

Best of luck,
RJ
VintageAirstream.com