[VAC] Re: Towing Mirrors

Lincoln

I have a set of the strap on type extended mirrors. They strap to my existing mirrors, which I like the idea. But from my two trips using them I have ended up removing them once I get on the road. The wind catches them and pulls my mirrors in so far that I can see myself. I have talked with a few other people who have similar mirrors, but theirs are more aero-dynamic than the ones I got. Mine are adjustable to fit many different size mirrors. Theirs slid on to the mirror and then are tightened with a set screw to hold them in place. They say they like them, but I do not like the idea of a set screw, screwing up my chrome mirror. I have an '88 Chevy and have found a set of extendable mirrors that will replace the ones on it now. JC Whitney has them for 29.00 each. I'm still debating on whether or not to go with that style or the ones that you can strap in the fender. I too would like to hear others opinions on mirror selection. PROS/CONS.

Bobby