[VAC] Re: Jabsco Macerator Pump

Hi Bobby,

I don't have a lot of good advice, but I have used the Jabsco Macerator
pump on my boat. It usage was to pump fish wells out after a fishing trip.
Mostly water, blood, scales and other foreign matter (if you know what I
mean, hi hi). It was the one with the 1 1/2 inch inlet which matched the
fish well outlets. I was not impressed; it burned itself out in one year
and I don't catch that many fish. hi hi

If you hold the black water tank for a few days and dump after the tank has
filled I don't see the need for a macerator. In just a couple of days the
paper and waste turn to liquid in the tank, especially if you add some of
the solution, and the  tank will have sufficient liquid to wash everything
right out to the septic tank. The biggest problem would be enough liquid to
move everything that distance if you left the tank valve open all the time
and each flush went into that long line to the septic tank. Also, there is
no way I would dig in the Georgia or Texas heat until late October.

Just my 1 1/2 cents FWIW.
George
'89 Excella 29'