[VAC] Re: REDONE 70'S TRAILER ON EBAY

I agree that AS ought to get back to it's roots.  The birch cabinets that
were used in the forties, fifties and sixties very very lightweight and
pleasing to the eye.  My 26' trailer weighs about 3,500 lbs and a new one of
camparable sixze weighs about 5,500 lbs.  Wally Byam designed the Airstream
to be the lightest trailer built.  No the new larger models with there
corion counters and oak cabinetry weigh close to 9,000 lbs.  To ad insult to
injury when one of our VAC historians contacted one of the vicepresidents of
Thor industies about any info they might have in their archives, the good VP
said he had never heard of Wally Byam!   Poor ol' Wally must be rolling in
his grave!
Vanessa
The Trailer Lady
56' Overlander