[VAC] Re: A/C and port window questions

Hi Jaimie,

Welcome to the Society of Keepers of the Tinsel Tubesteak.  The 31' trailers
were the largest made at that time and the full name was "Sovereign of the
Road".

If your "Vista View" windows are like mine, there should be a flat aluminum
ring against the inside plexiglass.  Gently press on the ring, toward the outer
glass, slide it toward the center of the window by gripping with a sharp
implement (knife point or scratch awl type) and you will see that there is a
hook type of  arrangement that locks into the frame.  The whole "sandwich" is
held together by the pressure of a rubber "O" ring between the panes of glass.
Once one end is clear, you can tease the whole snap ring out and remove the
inner plexi pane.  I haven't had mine all the way out yet but I have "started"
the ring out, and it came rather easily.  I'm thinking of drilling a small hole
in the end portion of the ring to make removing the inner pane for cleaning an
easier task.

For the AC, are you sure the thermostat is calling for cooling?  On mine the
fan runs when the unit is on, whether calling for cooling or not. YMMV.

Hope this helps,
Matt