[VAC] Re: Lock for '71 Safari

Nope, it wasn't me - my 64 GT came with a deadbolt in the door, looks to be
original but how can one tell?  The door knob has been replaced with a Weiser
set.  I have had problems as the holes in the frame are stretched and won't
hold the screws for the lock plate.  I cut a piece of wood and got it behind
the spot and used wood screws to hold the lock plate.  Not a permanent
solution but it works for now.   My door knob set has a turn button to lock
from the inside.  I can't use my deadbolt any more because the door has
dropped just far enough so I can't get the bolt into the hole in the door
frame.  Any solution for this problem?

Just Plain Polly
1964 Globe Trotter
Colorado