[VAC] waste dump valves

We have a 75 31ft. Souverign in wonderful shape inside & out aside from 2 problems--one which is quite bothersome!  The minor one is that we seem to have a leak from top front area--with water coming inside around the antenna area.  The more serious problem is the waste dump valves--they have appeared to have been bent at some time and won't close all the way.  We have gotten a big surprise when taking the cap off the outlet!  Is replacing the valves a huge job that we should leave to the experts or can we manage it ourselves and will we need to get special Airstream replacement parts?  Hubby is very handy with these kinds of jobs but we wonder if we would be making a mistake tackleling it ourselves!  Any advice is appreciated!