[VAC] Re: Is it a 1937 Airstream Clipper?

>    Bill Scott thought A/S production of aluminum trailers
>stopped in 1937 or thereabouts due to shortage of aluminum.
>But a masonite 1939 Airstream model came up for sale last
>year, suggesting factory production continued through 1939,
>but the date when aluminum trailers ceased being made before
>WW II remains unknown for now.

It was never confirmed that this was in fact an Airstream trailer at
all, though, so you should be suspect if using this as a datapoint.

>    It would be interesting, and useful, to get a copy of the
>certificate of title or pink clip for the 1937/39 trailer to
>help establish it's identity.  I'll ask the seller for that
>information.

Of course if the title was ever lost the owner can pretty much say
whatever they want when getting it re-titled... so unless it's the
original title or there's a paper trail back to the original title,
this too should be suspect data.

I assume this trailer has passed through quite a few hands since
manufacture so I want to make it clear that by bringing this up as a
risk I am not implying in any way that the current seller is behaving
or has behaved unethically.