[VAC] Re: [A/S] 1968 Cabinet/Bulkhead Finish

Chuck, the lumber store where I bought my ash veneer plywood for the new
panels told me how to repair the places where the top veneer layer had come
unglued on the old panels from a water leak. They sell 4 ounce bottles of
super glue in three different viscosities. The medium thickness seems to
work best for me. Where the wood had separated, I lifted up the loose piece
and put a drop or two of the glue and pressed the loose piece down.
Sometimes used a spring type clamp to hold it. In some places (in the middle
of a panel rather than the edge) I used a hypodermic syringe to insert glue
in a bubble and then held the raised place down until the glue set. Worked
better than I was expecting and saved having to tear out more cabinetry and
replace salvageable panels.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind restorer