[VAC] 1968 Cabinet/Bulkhead Finish

Due to delamination from a water leak I have to replace two bulkheads in my
' 68 Tradewind. Using the old bulkheads as templates I cut out the new ones
from cabinet grade ash plywood. After 33 years of exposure to sunlight,
cooking, etc. the original bulkheads have darkened to a pleasing patina. Now
I'm trying to match the color for the new unfinished panels to the original
age darkened originals. On test samples I have tried about every color
Minwax stain that Home Depot/Lowes sells and none give the results I'm
looking for. Mostly they are too light or too red or too brown instead of
the dark honey color of the aged original panels.

Chuck and Lynn mention Watco oil finish. Is this a possibility and where
does one find it?

Other suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim Greene