[VAC] C O Fumes

My answere to the provlem of CO fumes is reasonably simple I removed all gas
appliances and replaced them with electric.(the late Bill Scott And I talked
about this) The desion was promped when the less than 5 year gass fridge died
and filled the place with fumes.
I promply removes the fridge, the Majic Sheef range, the water heater. I
replaced the fridge with a under the counter fridge the space where the stove
was now holds a small deep freezer the stove has been replaced with a 2
burner hotplate (dual fule elect. & alchol) and a built in microwave. the
water heater with a 2.5 gal under the sink heater.
To run all of this when we are on the road I am mounting a 3300watt diesel
generator on the toungh. this will take care of the electral needs when we
are on the road in tests it ran the AC and both burners of the hotplate with
no provlems.
with this setup I will not have to smell gas eavery time i go into the
trailer heat will be supplied with the heat strip on the Ac. the generator is
supposed to run 14 hours on the 4.5 gal tank.
I am now ingaged in building a sound proof box to house the generatou in the
exaust will be run to the rear of the trailer.
Diesel was chosen because that I tow with a Dodge Cummings diesel if need be
I can syphon fule and only have to worry about one fule source.
I have been critised by some about my choice but when in a camp ground I will
be using their power to run the thing  but on the road I can have the
comforts I desire If I get sleeply driving I can pull into a roadside rest
and take a napp in AC comfort( these alum.cans at the best are poorly
insulated and get very hot.
These modifications cost under $3500.some day i think I will figure how much
I have in this rig. I think the figure will exceed $10k
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)