[VAC] Re: Jalousie windows

Hey Susan- good to hear from you! I love my Jalousie windows, especially
since they let in a lot of air, and don't swing up & out for one to hit
their head on, like I have a scar to prove it.  I was able to find the
material you are talking about at a local glass shop, bought about 20 feet
a couple of years ago. I haven't really installed it yet, due to 2 slight
problems: 1. The backing is a flexible nylon , and is just slightly wider
than the track- I could trim it down by hand when I have the time, also
some silicone spray would help to push it up in there.  The old material
was on a rigid aluminum backing, which pulled out easily. (I did just
one). 2. The bristles on the seals were just also a little too long- I had
some luck cropping them with some good scissors, til my wife confiscated
her good sewing shears. So, I am kinda holding off until I have one of the
whole windows removed to rebuild it on a bench top, which would be easier.
I think the name of the shop was Fort Collins Glass- I could check to see
it they still carry it, maybe mail you a sample. Let me know. I will be
searching for the plastic window glazing strips this week,  so I may be in
there.
I did restrip the whole trailer with a  EPDM seal I got at Walmart- It is
about a 1/4 inch wide, has a "d" profile, and comes as two strips together
that you peel apart. Self adhesive backing, with peel off tape. Most
places I have it, it still works fine, some places it has come loose,
probably because I had not cleaned well enough with alcohol to get a good
self stick. Other people have mentioned they don't; like this material.
It was better than what I replaced, I worked it into the channel with a
narrow screwdriver to get it to hold.  Good luck with your project- I let
you know if I can find more locally.
Jere Potter '64 Safari, '64 Globetrotter, Ft Collins CO