[VAC] Re: Furnace Recall

> Pete,
> I've heard bits and pieces about this before.  What make/model was
> affected & do you remember what the problem was?
> RJ

    Hi all:  This is Richard in Mid-Michigan.I have a letter from
Airstream dated  APRIL 1990, that states that on two previous occasions
(1977 and 1981) in cooperation with the National Highway Traffic
Administrarion, Suburban Manufacturing Company provided owners with
furnace notifications that were prepared and sent in accordance with
applicable requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety
Act. The notices were titled   recall 77E-012  and  recall  81E-015.
    A possible defect relating to motor vehicle safety may exist in some
recreational vehicles which contain furnace models  NT-17, NT-20, NT-22,
and NT-30, all suffixes except M, having serial numbers between  0064881
and 0715865.  The potentially affected furnaces were installed by
Airstream in trailers manufactured between 1966 and 1976.
    The nature of the potential hazard is that under some conditions the
connector tube (part no. 070298 or 070206)  located between the intake
air blower and the combustion chamber may crack through and separate.
Tube separation may allow carbon monoxide to enter the inside areas of
the vehicle.
    This may not be the recall that you are looking for, but this is the
only one I have heard of.
        Richard
WBCCI 22886  VAC
Hoping to help---not just lurk!