[VAC] Re: Nameplate paint

After a shower, I went out to look at the nameplate on my '68 Caravel.
What I perceive is that the two badges where model and serial were
stamped were painted a light blue. Of course it has faded in the last 33
years being outside all the time. The cast letters of the left and right
panels are also painted with that light blue paint. Those are like they
could have been engraved.

The background around the model and serial badges and around the text
Land Yacht is roughened and painted flat dark gray or maybe it was
originally flat black. But the letters are bare aluminum, like the large
left and right panels. Those surfaces (letters and large panels) would
polish or sand with very fine sandpaper to remove pits and the natural
oxidation of aluminum would care for them. They probably were a satin
finish, e.g. straight fine (like 1000 grit wet or dry paper) sanding,
not polished to a mirror finish. At least I think a horizontal satin
finish would present a nice appearance.

Gerald J.