[VAC] Re: Questions about the VAC club

         Reply to:   RE: [VAC] Questions about the VAC club
Was hoping one of the VAC area reps on the list would hop in here - but
they must all be out traveling - wish I was too.
As the website notes, the members area will be loaded over the next few
months.  It is a new feature, and a larger server had to be secured for
the space.  Server space ran out loading the 1999 VA.  Fred Coldwell has
literally stacks and stacks of information to be uploaded.

The VAC is all volunteer (I'm writing this from work at lunch, and
migrating the server at night instead of sleeping - heheh).  The $10
covers the costs of the website, the Vintage Advantage and other
out-of-pocket costs.  No office or salaries.

The VAC has grown from 10 members to 1200, with it's own expanding
website and quarterly newsletter - all thanks to that $10 a month.

The VAC is not a website or a Discussion List or a magazine.  For sheer
communication of the art of restoration and understanding of the
Airstream models throughout the years, nothing can beat participating in
VAC rallies.  I didn't learn all this Airstream stuff from books (there
aren't any), it came from crawling through other peoples airstreams and
talking to other owners.

So, for the price of 2 burgers you can be part of the expanding area of
vintage ownership and restoration - or not.

RJ
VAC Webmaster