Tank Mystery

I finally got around to investigating the 3" deep X 24" wide X 14" long
aluminum sheet metal box that is attached to the underbelly with sheet
metal screws. This box is located about 54" from the front of the
coach.  Once I removed the box, I was looking at a steel tank, about 7"
in diameter and 20" long that is attached to the frame with straps.  The
tank has one outlet, on the door side of the coach and there is a rubber
hose 5/8" - 3/4" diameter that is attached to the outlet.  The hose
goes  through the frame cross member and toward the  front of the
coach.  I can't see this hose anywhere else, so I don't know where it
goes.  What is this tank?  I'm baffled.

Thanks for your help.

Lincoln Soule
1977 Tradewind