[VAC] Re: Furnace

Hi Gary,

Suggestion. Take your time about making that decision. Many Airstreamers
don't use their furnace when the outside temperatures are below freezing.
Instead, they have either put their trailer in storage or have gone south
with it.

In either case, a new $500 furnace may not be necessary. On the other hand,
a $200-$300 catalytic heater is another story (especially if boondocking
during the Spring and Fall).

When using typical campgrounds, most 120 volt electric heaters ($40) are
more than sufficient.

If you decide to leave the old furnace out, you might find more use and
convenience from converting the furnace area to a storage area.  If there is
a cabinet wall,  install the catalytic heater and run the copper tubing
before building shelving into the storage area.

Food for thought. I'm real reluctant about spending my money before I'm
absolutly certain there is no other choice.

Terry