[VAC] Re: A/C Questions

Hey Tim,

You ALMOST have it right. The "having fun" part is using it and repairing it
at the same time.  That's why this list is so useful.

We get to learn where to find parts anywhere on the continent AND as members
of WBCCI, we get to know where another Airstream lives who WANTS us to visit
with him so he can help us with the repairs (courtesy parking).

The courtesy parking directory is always with us in the truck and each day,
we have scanned it to see where these famlies live. Granted, we seldom have
to make the call, but it's one of a half dozen options we consider when
repairs are required (as differentiated from when repairs are
discretionary).

Using our Airstream while repairing it is a "Win-Win" situation and making
new friends is bonus of major proportions.  A side benefit is how quickly
the zone of comfort expands when repairs that are done on the road become
just another aspect of adventure (rather than an anxiety provoking
emergency).

Even Sandie gets a kick out of watching the scenerio unfold when a problem
develops. She doesn't know how it will play out, but she does know it will
play out and we'll be on our way - with another story to tell our kids.

The story she remembers best was when our Van had to be flat bedded while
our Airstream was towed by the big commercial tow truck.  She was allowed to
stay in the van and have the bird's eye view.  It was more exciting for her
than driving the mountain roads in Mexico where there are no guard rails and
the drop off is hundreds of feet straight down.

EVERYTHING about having an Airstream is fun (says who?),  <grin>

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net