[VAC] Re: Zolatone

         Reply to:   RE: [VAC] Re: Zolatone
A lot of owners on this list have removed the "repainted" layers, and in
many cases the Zolatone is fine underneath - especially if latex or
acrylic paints were used. One couple was able to peel it off in
sheets...

As for the modern colors, the Silver Gray (20-72), Apollo Gray (20-11),
Medusa Gray (20-45) and Desert Camo (20-80), and maybe Camille White
(20-54) look great!  The white scares me a little as to grime
wearability.

These are just the beginning, as you can intermix these, or add another
color to these and get your own mix.  For example, At the last rally
there was a FC that had Desert Camo with a little Bright Blue thrown in
- I'll be damned if it didn't look just like the color used in the
Fifties/Sixties on the neat Coral and Turquoise interiors.  The website
and printable PDF file have many of the combinations possible.

To repair existing Zolatone finishes, the procedure that works best is
to feather the background color using a matching spray enamel (plain old
stuff from the hardware store), then apply the texture step of the
Zolatone using a color with the appropriate flecks.
For example, our '65 has a tan background and white & brown flecks.
 That color isn't made anymore.  So I used taupe enamel spray paint,
followed by the Zolatone Camille White under low pressure/high volume
setting on the spray gun.  Exact match.

Have fun!,
RJ