[VAC] Re: Our trip out west in our Airstream

Hello Airstreamers:
My wife and I just returner from a 7800 mile tour of the USA in our 1964
Bambi ll Airstream pulling it with a 1997 Ford f-150 ext.Cab pickup with a
4.6  V8 gas  motor and we got 15.4 miles per gallon.
We left June 2nd and returned July 8th 2001.
We left Americus,Ga. and traveled to Waring, Texas to visit ourwonderful
Christian friends "The Steve and Patty Collier Family" and then on the the
Painted Desert,Petrified forest, and Grand Canyon.
On to Hoover Dam,Redding Ca. to the Redwoods,Then the beautiful Oregon
Pacific Coast Hwy where the Ocean view with  the Mountain are
breathtaking.Toured the Tillomonk cheese factory.Then into Seattle,Wa. where
we toured the city sites such as the Space Needle and Famous Pikes
fishmarket,Boeing Space museum,Woodland Park Zoo,Hiram Chitterden and many
other sites.
Then we camped at Lynden,Wa. left our Airstream and took the Tsawwassen
ferry to beautiful Victoria,BC to the Butchart Gardens and then the next day
we boarded the Cruise ship "Vision of the Seas" at Van Couver BC and cruised
Alaska for 7-days.What a state,"The last frontier"
When we docked back at Van Couver we went back to Lynden,Wa. and picked up
the Bambi ll Airstream and took of for sites unseen in the northern part of
the USA.
One of our stops was Yellowstone National Park and then on to Mt. Rushmore
Park and a stop at De Smet,SD at the home of Laura Ingles Wilder "Little
House on the Prairie".Next stop was the International Airstream Rally in
Sioux Falls,SD. There were about 25 or so Vintage Airteams and did they look
good.Didn't want to leave.
Our next little tour was in Louisville,Ky. at the Louisville Slugger
baseball bat factory,we also saw Churchill Downs then on to Nashville,Tn. to
the Grand Ole Opry Hotel to see that Giant thing.and then into Atlanta,Ga.
to visit our little 2 year old grandson "Turner Ingrassia" and his Mon and
Dad wherein we stayed 3 days and then back to Americus,Ga,[Home].
I did not tell of each stop and site because of length of letter but as I
said we covered 7800 land miles and were gone 5-weeks and   I would
encourage you while you have good health to take time to go and see "Our
Great America"