[VAC] proud new owner questions

As the proud new owner of a 1961 VERY clean Globetrotter I have a few questions. The previous owner polished about a 1/5th of the skin and I am now going to try to tackle the rest. I've ordered a Porter Cable polisher but would love advice for the mid 40's gal who has never polished anything in her life. My other question is regarding painting the interior of this lovely 1961 airstream - do I need to use a specific type of interior paint? Any helpful Heloise hints?  As is obvious I am not a fixer upper but with the appropriate advice I hope to become one. Thanks Betsy