[VAC] Recessed Dinette Table Supports

I'm building a convertable dinette with tubular steel legs for my '77
Tradewind and I would like to use table leg supports that are recessed
into the floor.  Does anyone know if it is safe to do this?  That is, is
there anything under the floor in this area that I would cut if I use
these mounts.  They are cast metal, about 2-1/2" dia and will project
about 2" below the floor.  They will be located on the centerline of the
trailer and in an area that is 2' - 4' from the front end.  I believe
that the water tank is in the next bay aft, so that shouldn't be a
problem.  In the general area where the supports would be, there is an
aluminum box that project below the belly pan that is  about12" X 20" X
3" .  I don't know what this is, but it sounds very hollow when I rap on
it.

Thanks for your help.

Lincoln Soule