[VAC] AC Replacement

Hello I have a 73 31' excella 500 and I need to replace the AC unit old one
is shot tried all the tricks to breath some life in the old unit but it is a
dead player. My question is what unit to use if price were not an object not
that I can afford that one but wondering what is the best out there next what
is the best unit for the money. High efficiency? How many BTUs? My biggest
concern is we have a rear bed model and the front of the trailer gets very
cold and in the bed room is just barley tolerable. My skinny little daughter
thinks I am trying to freeze her as she sleeps up front. Can anyone offer
some guidance on this I want to spend my time before I spend my money. Heat
strip or not. I welcome all thoughts and comments. Thank you one and all for
the info you give so freely I cant wait to meet some of you at a rally one
day.
 Derek Garland
1973 31' EXCELLA 500